FETE Recommendations for Training Standards
Federation for Existential Therapy in Europe (FETE) suggests that all training programs need to follow EAP’s criteria for training.
This implies that training programs need to have a minimum duration of 4 years. FETE takes the following standards as its benchmark in therapy training quality:
- 500 hours of theoretical studies in:
- Existential philosophy (acquaintance with major existential philosophers)
- Existential psychotherapy (major existential schools of thought and major existential therapists)
- Therapeutic relationship (framework, contract, basic principle, etc.)
- Another approach that is different from the central approach of the program.
- Gender isues
- Code of ethics
- 300 hours of clinical practice
- 150 hours of supervision
- 250 hours of personal therapy or equivalent